VISION AND MISSION:
The Health Pillar wants Wasatch County to be recognized as one of the most healthy communities in the USA.
The mission of the Health Pillar is to bring people together to promote health education, health services, and living a healthy lifestyle in Wasatch County. WCF works closely with community partners, service agencies, and healthcare organizations and helps fill defined gaps in funding or services for Wasatch County.
Our Health Pillar Team is involved in many current, ongoing initiatives:
– The Annual Children’s Health Clinic, where we provide free health, dental, vision and hearing screenings for kids along with vaccinations for uninsured children from K-8th.
– An annual community Thanksgiving dinner, with a focus on community belonging.
– The Healthy School Awards Program, where we provide awards for healthy lunch programs and PE equipment.
– Other local programs, including the Annual Safe Kids Fair, Dinner in the Park, Hero’s Banquet, Unplugged, School-based Telehealth, Issues Conference, and support to the Wasatch Latino Coalition.
We have been involved in many projects for improving our community’s health and wellness:
– Infrastructure for sidewalks, crosswalks, and safety measures for biking and walking to school
– Wasatch County Recreation Center
– Dialysis Center at Heber Valley Hospital
– Women’s Diagnostic Center at Heber Valley Hospital
– Spanish-speaking Mental Health Care to the Valley
– Support to Friends of Wasatch EMS