VISION AND MISSION:
The Health Pillar wants Wasatch County to be recognized as one of the most healthy communities in the USA.
The mission of the Health Pillar is to bring people together to promote health education, health services, and living a health lifestyle in Wasatch County.
Our Health Pillar Team is involved in many current initiatives:
– infrastructure for sidewalks, crosswalks, and safety measures for biking and walking to school
– The Annual Children’s Health Clinic, where we provide free health, dental, vision and hearing screenings for kids along with vaccinations for uninsured children from K-8th.
– An annual community Thanksgiving dinner, with a focus on the underserved in our community.
– The Healthy School Awards Program, where we provide awards for healthy lunch programs and PE equipment.
– Other local programs, including the Annual Safe Kids Fair, Dinner in the Park, Hero’s Banquet, and Issues Conference.
We are also working to add to our programs this year, including a community garden, a community annual health fair, and a healthy lifestyle and exercise program.