VISION AND MISSION:
It is the vision of the Recreation Pillar to create a happy and healthy community where residents can live, learn and play. We are working to enhance the quality of life and nurture the health and well-being of all of our Wasatch County citizens.
The mission of the Recreation Pillar is to provide and enhance recreational opportunities in Wasatch County for both residents and visitors, using both our own resources and working through partnerships with other organizations.
Current programs include
– partnerships with Wasatch Mountain State Park, Friends of Wasatch Mountain State Park, Wasatch Trails Foundation, Wasatch County Parks and Rec, Soldier Hollow, Intermountain Adaptive Multisport, Chamber of Commerce, and Wasatch High School Mountain Bike Team
– involvement in trail expansion projects and a new mountain biking skills park,
– investing in our differently-abled athletes in conjunction with Intermountain Adaptive Multisports,
– winter and summer sports at Soldier Hollow.
– Added 6 more pickleball courts to our valley in 2023
– Contributed to the installation of a new fitness court near WHS in 2023
– Provided funds for Intermountain Adaptive Multisport for new equipment in 2023
– Sponsorships to youth flag football, little league sports, and friends of Wasatch Mountain State Park, Valkyrie Race
– Heber Valley Running Club
– Bike Repair Stations
– Cornhole Tournament in conjunction with the Red, White, and Blue Independence Day Celebration
– Soldier Hollow Kickers and Gliders and Tuesday Night Races programs
– Wasatch County Recreation Center– we were an integral part of planning, developing and funding the Joyce and M. Anthony Burns Recreation Center, with 1/5 mile running track, 3 multi-purpose fields, 4 full-size basketball courts, 4 racquetball courts, 2 volleyball courts, batting cages, a putting green, party classrooms, locker room facilities, and more.